Can you claim home improvements on taxes?

Only home improvements that are done on rental properties (income properties) can be claimed on tax statements as deductions to income earned on those rental properties for the tax year in which the expenses for those improvements are paid.

Some home improvements done to your primary residence may be deducted from your taxable income if they meet energy-efficient criteria established by the IRS for those deductions. Contact your local tax accountant for details.

This entry was posted in Finance. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s